This online course is designed to guide you in making European short scrape style reeds from the shaped cane to the crow and ground you firmly in a solid method.
Whether you are a beginner with no experience looking for a good start or a reedmaker with less experience in search of structure, consistency and support, this workshop has plenty for you.
I show you
- a prooven reed making system
- how to make consistently good reeds
- how to avoid a reedmaking crisis using a solid method
The workshop begins with discussions of reed supplies, tools and how to optimize your workspace. Then we make the blank, wrap the reed, demonstrate knife technique and the scrape (European short scrape style) and finally the crow. It’s a step-by-step guide with lots of videos.
This workshop includes demonstrations, discussions, videos and information about:
- Supplies, tools and optimizing your workspace
- Soaking the cane, preparing the wire and shaped cane
- Making the blank
- Reed wrapping and tying the knot
- Thinning the tip and clipping the reed open
- The scrape: 3/4/6 method in thirds
- Defining the tip
- Repeating the 3/4/6 scrape method
- Crowing the reed
This training contains the know-how of more than 30 years of reedmaking experience and more than 15 years of seminar practice.
I feel certain you will be satisfied with this course and that it will get you off to a great start on your reedmaking or add new insights and skills to your journey already underway.